Wednesday 20 June 2007

Taking the plunge

(Aileen)
Today is my first day on a new project. It’s a 2-month stint assessing a client’s release management capabilities (delivery-related), and it’s out of town. What in the world am I doing?

To top it all off, there were a string of unfortunate and ironic events yesterday. I got staffed through to the end of August, and then my August faculty position got confirmed (so had to cancel that). This morning I got an email asking if I’d like to do a July faculty slot. Not!!! (since I’m now on a project!). What a bummer.

So here I am on a morning train down to the English southern coast. I feel a glass-is-half-full assessment is in order:
1. I only have to be out of town 3/5 days of the week
2. It’s “commutable” if I can put up with a 2 hour train ride in the morning, and 1.5 hour train ride home
3. The client office is in a seaside town, and it’s summer so could enjoy the dose of sunshine
4. The role’s only 2 months in duration

There. Maintain slow even breathing…inhale…exhale…inhale…

1 comment:

Alwayssunny said...

reminds me of your nanuet-manhattan daily trek :(